Friday, April 13, 2007

Adventures with cars

With Mike back in the US, Ilona is alone with Alexander. Here's her description of today's adventure:

Alexander locked me out of the car today. I had picked him up from a
playdate and he was quite insistent that it was his turn to drive. Obliging
him I let him sit in the drivers seat and even handed over the car key. I
left the door slightly ajar while he was happily turning the wheel making
car sounds. And then he announced that the door has to be shut and, before I
could react, grabbed the handle and pushed all the buttons on the door, one
being the general lock. To the amusement of several people passing by, I
spent some ten minutes trying to tell him which button to push. He was
pushing everything, wipers, fog lights, radio, but not the general lock
button. Finally, I got him to open up the sunroof. I had to climb over the
hood to the roof, which was not easy because the windshield wipers went at a
furious pace, and into the car (to a mild cheering of the small crowd). It
took me five more minutes to find all the buttons he had pushed. I guess it
is a lesson never to hand a key to a toddler!

Grandpa Trick suggested recreating the adventure to get some pictures for the blog.

No comments: