Thursday, March 29, 2007

Very Rainy Day!

Today was the rainiest day in my life. Something like 25 cm (10 in) of rain fell, generally buckets at a time. The wind was also gale force. Unfortunately, today was a day I had to go into the office and then take a bus to pick up our car that was having some rework done. Everytime I stuck my nose out of the door, I was drenched from head to toe (I also was wearing a suit for the first time since arrival for a reasons I'll talk about later). We knew New Zealand was not always sunny, but this is ridiculous. It was even worse farther north from us.

2 comments:

Jenny Harned Tabrum said...

Ok Michael - so you answered my question about T-Shirts ... does that mean you had to take the ferry also during the storm?

jt

Mike said...

Yes, I needed to get to work that day, and the ferry is the only way. I think they cancel the ferry if it gets too bad, but apparently it can get worse than this!